Managing Editor Sandra Huitt aka Tigerlily & Editor-at-Large Meag Bo
Most of us know how to pack for a festival these days, but this is for people (like me) who forget things unless they’re on a list. And I’ve often found other people’s festing lists can be helpful cause they include things I may not have. So peruse what we worked up for you, whether you’re staying at Camp EDC or a Las Vegas hotel. Make sure to read through both lists as we didn’t repeat items, and you may find them necessary regardless of where you rest your head. If you’re missing the big essentials, check out our specially curated shopping list HERE!
Camp EDC Packing List
- A color photocopy of your picture ID, passport (if you’re flying internationally), extra credit or debit cards for back-up. People lose their stuff all the time. Been there, done that.
- Two travel-sized locks for your ShiftPod2. How shitty would it be to have your things stolen? Happens far too often at festivals, so save yourself the trouble.
- Portable propane grills/stoves (with small tanks, up to 4 lbs per group) and lighter. Don’t be a newb. If it’s new and you’ve never used one before, test out the tank with the grill. I know far too many people who bought a new grill and tank, got to the camping spot, and it wasn’t the correct tank for the grill.
- Camping plates, cups, utensils, paper towels, and trash bags.
- Dish soap and hand towels.
- Air mattress and pillow if you’re in the Moon Glow option.
- Towel and sandals for shower, pool, and camp cruising.
- Earplugs. REALLY GOOD ONES. You’ll want to sleep and preserve your energy for the festival at some point! Chances are, not everyone will want to rest at the same time, and who wants to be shocked awake in the few hours you’ll get to sleep?
- Eye mask. For the same reason as #5 ear plugs above.
- Baby wipes for everyone and ladies, also bring makeup remover wipes. Both of these have saved my life multiple times!
- Sealed hand sanitizer for portapotties or if the bathrooms run out of soap.
- Advil (sealed small bottle or single-use packets), Vitamin C to take before, during, and after to prevent illness from burning the candle at both ends, and Magnesium for muscle aches of all kinds.
- Sunscreen, sealed chapstick (at least three if you want to bring them into the festival each night), heavy moisturizer, and Aloe Vera. If you’re as white as me after a Winter and Spring with no sun, you will burn in Las Vegas. Especially if you’re doing pool parties as you get the sun from above and the sun reflecting up off the water.
- Sealed electrolyte powder for athletes to add to the water in your hydration pack.
- Deodorant. Must I explain? Respect thy neighbor in camp and at the festival. You KNOW Fresh Raver agrees!
- Dry shampoo. Cause sometimes when you’re camping and going from pool party to night party to festival to sunrise party, when is there time to shower?!?
Las Vegas Hotel Packing List
- Bath Bombs, Face Masks and Hair Masks. I don’t know about you, but I set aside time in-between party days for a little self-care. There is nothing like soaking in a Las Vegas tub before or after a night of debauchery.
- Your favorite pillow. Sometimes the hotel pillows just don’t cut it or you make it to the room last and end up on the couch! Better to be comfortable than not when coming home from the Speedway.
- Portable speakers and their accompanying charger.
- Portable chargers, charge banks, etc.
- Alcohol. Do yourself a favor and stop by the store before you check-in. Don’t forget mixers!
- Hand Sanitizer. At least one, and remember to keep it sealed if you’re trying to bring it into the festival.
- Chapstick. At least three if you want them with you at the festival.
- Insoles for your shoes. Also, make sure to bring more than one pair of shoes.
- Headphones. You never know when you may need to talk a solo walk or want to sleep at a time others do not want to.
- The craziest festival clothing, Onesies, swimsuits, and shoes you can dig up. Or all black. Or jeans and a T-shirt. Extra undies. Or no undies at all. Whatever your style, you do you boo!
- The comfiest pajamas you have (unless you sleep naked). The morning after Above & Beyond played at Hakkasan for EDC Week 2018, I was too lazy to change for my second round of A&B at Wet Republic before coffee, so I went to Starbucks in my matching penguin pajamas. I thoroughly enjoyed all the weird looks from the businessmen in suits as I strolled through the halls and back up to my room with my Venti gimme-all-the-extra-shots mocha.
- Ladies… prepare for the unexpected visitor we all hate. Sometimes it just happens, and this is not the event to be unprepared.
- Snacks. Just like the alcohol, stop before you check in. There is nothing better than being hungover and within reach of food. Hotel room service includes a service charge that just racks up the cost.
- A small extra duffle bag. Something small enough to roll up and not take up too much space in your current bag. However, you may come back with souvenirs and don’t want to be sorry at the airport.
- Room decorations. To each their own but I am huge on comfort; Especially when I know I will be arriving back to my room as the Sun is rising. I learned this fun trick while I was only Holy Ship 10.0, and my roommates brought twinkle lights and even a tapestry!
- Positive attitude. No matter whether you’re camping or staying in a hotel, the most important item to bring is your happy self. Take care of yourself, other ravers, and the staff members making it all happen for you.
Please comment and let us know if we have left anything you consider essential off the list. New ideas are valuable, and for many of us, this is just the first of many festivals this season. GA tickets have just sold out, but don’t let that stop you if you haven’t gotten yours yet. There are many other options! We cannot wait to raise our shining faces with you to smile as we watch the fireworks exploding Under the Electric Sky!
*Featured Image Via EDC Las Vegas FB Page*