As we continue to gear up for Miami, eagerly anticipating the sun’s out buns out completely thrilling experience that is Miami Music Week, industry professionals and hopefuls are all preparing for the Superbowl of Electronic Dance Music makers and shakers. In just five short weeks Winter Music Conference 2020 will be upon us. Here’s what you need to know to make the most of your time at the conference.
International Dance Music Awards (IDMA) Nominations and Legacy Award Winners Announced!
Voting is now open for the 2020 IDMA nominations through February 29, here. The winners are set to be announced during an invite-only cocktail reception on Thursday, March 19 at Pao Terrace located in the Faena Hotel.
The Legacy Awards started in 2019 as part of the IDMA’s to recognize artists that have made extraordinary contributions to the world of electronic music. Only ten choice artists have been selected by the IDMA advisory board, all based on their amount of years active, number of releases, and overall influence on Electronic Music.
Winning titles in 2020 for the prestigious Legacy Awards boasted the talents of “Oh yes oh yes” Techno favorite Carl Cox, DJ Craze, Danny Tenaglia, DJ Heather, Honey Dijon, Kevin Saunderson, Josh Wink, Trance Unicorn Slayer Markus Schulz, Marshall Jefferson, and Sasha.
Speakers and Exhibitor Panels out the Wazoo!
We all love a good speech. What’s better than hearing from some of the most notable artists and brands in the Electronic Dance Music world at Winter Music Conference? Speakers for this years edition include Arabian Prince, Arthur Baker, Carl Craig, Chris Lake, J. Worra, Jason Bentley, Joseph Capriati, Josh Wink, Junior Sanchez, Luke Solomon, Morgan Page, Nic Fanciulli, Paul Johnson, Roger Sanchez, Seth Troxler, Simon Dunmore, SOFI TUKKER, Tommie Sunshine, Tracy Young, UZ and More TBA. Exhibitors Include Arturia, Allen & Heath, Denon DJ, Eventide, Guitar Center, IK Multimedia, iZotope, Jamstik, Novation, Pioneer DJ, and PLAYdifferently.
Winter Music Conference 2020 Second Wave of Programming (more TBA)
Keynote – The Art of Visual Content: How Ultra Records Built A Monster Channel
- Lyor Cohen, YouTube’s Global Head of Music
- Patrick Moxey, President and Founder of Ultra Records, Ultra Music and Ultra International Music Publishing
- SOFI TUKKER, GRAMMY-nominated dance music duo
Mainstage, Fireside Chat, and Industry Panels:
- Spotify Presents: From a Great Idea in the Studio, to Music Streaming success.
- UZ: Crossing Genres and Mastering Your Performance + Special DJ Set
- Next Music Presents: Music Discovery Goes Mobile – How to Find A New Audience With Mobile Gaming
- The Viability of Vinyl: The Business and Essentials of Today’s Growing Vinyl Market
- I Like To Score: How To Get Started In Film and Television
- Creating Authentic Partnerships: How Brands and Artists Can Create Credible and Lasting Marketing Relationships
- AFEM Presents: How Do Creators & Rightsholders Get Paid When DJs Play Their Music in The Mix?
- Press Play: The Impact and Future of Playlisting
- Viberate Presents: Data Science – Can Social Media and Streaming Metrics Be the Deciding Factor Between Profit and Loss
- Twitch 101 – How Artists Can Build a Fan Base and Make Money Livestreaming on Twitch
- Asia Rising: Strategies For Entering One Of Dance Music’s Hottest Markets
- Social Marketing Abroad: Creating Social Media Strategies For the Asian Market
- Time To Jack: The House Music Blueprint
- 21 Years of Defected Records: How to Build a Brand That Lasts
- Talent First: Navigating the Talent Buying Field
- Rise of the Underground: How Detroit Shaped the Global Techno Market
- Beyond Instagram: TikTok, Triller, Lasso and the future of music social media
- Up All Night: The Future of Nightlife Marketing
- How America’s Secondary Markets Are Creating World-Class Festivals
- Global Dancefloor: How Dance Music Is Crossing Borders and Genres
- Music Modernization Act of 2018: What You Need to Know to Get Paid Under the New Law
- How to Build Multiple Revenue Streams as an Artist
- SoStereo Presents: Brands, Music, and the Content Explosion
The full list of Winter Music Conference panels and speakers by day can be found HERE.
Want to be a Superstar? Signed on the Spot has you COVERED!
Ready to rock a huge crowd for the hottest festivals of the season? You’re in luck because submissions are now open to submit your unsigned original tracks for a chance to be reviewed and heard by some of the top labels in Electronic Dance Music. This is super exciting for all our budding artists out there, so don’t miss your opportunity! Signed on the Spot partnered with Guitar Center, who in addition to helping emerging producers from around the country to join, will provide a $500 shopping spree to all category winners. Check out the glorious prizes below and get cracking because you only have till Feb 20th to submit your entries to be considered!
Signed on the Spot will award one winner per genre the following prize package: Guitar Center $500 Gift Card, Novation (Launchkey Mini MK3, Launchpad Mini MK3 or Scarlett Solo – Audio interface), iZotope – Ozone Standard, Arturia – KeyLab Essential 49 (White) and Akai MPK Mini. To enter Signed On The Spot, click HERE.
Parties and even MORE Parties Included with your Badge GALORE:
Once you have heard from some of the most notable speakers in the Electronic Dance Music Industry, voted for your favorite artists for awards, and sent in your #mixtape to get a taste of stardom… it’s time to PARTY! Miami Music Week is filled with some incredible events, and Winter Music Conference 2020 is no different. There are so many included with your badge this year, and all feature some of the hottest artists for your grooving and listening pleasure.
MMW OASIS Programming – Generator Miami will play host as the new social hub for WMC, open from Monday through Friday. Daily pool parties, networking events and more will include the following for badge holders and invited guests:
Monday, March 16 (12pm – 6pm)
Guitar Center presents the Winter Music Conference Warm Up Pool Party in conjunction with Nervous Records, Moody Recordings, and Sunclock. Featuring: Junior Sanchez, Jaceo, Mike Weiss, DJ Vivona, Vedic and Ben A.
Tuesday, March 17 (12pm – 8pm)
Beatsource x Discogs pool party and networking event featuring: Craze, Taimur Agah, Diego Martinelli, Styles, and more TBA.
Wednesday, March 18 (12pm – 8pm)
Beatport x Classic Records pool party and networking event featuring: Felix Da Housecat, Luke Solomon, Simon Dunmore, Kim Anh, TK, and more TBA.
Thursday, March 19 (12pm – 8pm)
Ingrooves x Next Music Pool Party (12pm – 4pm) featuring: Josh Wink, Jason Bentley (Metropolis on KCRW), Bamboozle (Eli From Soulclap) and Oz McGuire. Followed directly by the IDMA Cocktail Reception (8pm – 11pm) by invitation only.
Pro and Plus Level Perks!
Want to hit a billion parties during and after the conference, but don’t know where to start? Now that most club’s weekly admission bands have notably increased in price each year, Winter Music Conference Pro and Plus Level badges give you a myriad of options to dance from sundown to sunup and beyond. Check them out HERE, and make your plans to attend Winter Music Conference 2020 today!